Hello, all! I'm a Mopar nut from way back, who kinda fell out of the hobby for (too many) years. My list of priors : 1960 New Yorker 6 passenger T&C wagon, '72 & '73 New Yorkers, '54 Imperial, '72 Road Runner 440 - 4, '64 Valiant convert, '66 barracuda "S", '76 Feather Duster, and '66 Charger. The bug bit me again, when a guy I know told me he was selling his '49 Dodge.It is an early production '49, so it's physically a '48. He built is as a mild '50's style rod, flat 6 with a shaved head, 3x2's, header, etc. At some point several years ago, he decided to put an O.D. tranny in it to make it more highway drivable. He bought the tranny supposedly rebuilt, but when he got it in, there was no reverse. He got sick, and it has sat since. I bought it after a real quick look-see, and with the body and interior as near mint as they are, coupled with a steal of a price, I didn't really care about the rest. The fuel system needs a flush, it runs when gas is added to the carbs, so I know the motor is good. NOW... It still resides in his garage, waiting for the temps around here to climb back above ZERO to bring it to MY garage......and my uncle passes away. I talk to a cousin I haven't seen in years, and he tells me he's got a model A he wanted to street rod using a '52 331 Hemi he just had gone through, but just doesn't have the time. He'll sell me the motor and all the parts he bought for it for a song. Anyone have any thoughts on yanking the 6 out for the Hemi? I'm not looking for a street race king, I'm more looking for a nostalgia rod that some high school kid would have built out of Dad's old family car in the '50s.....I bought this car to be able to pile my wife and kids in on a Sunday afternoon with their bikes, a cooler and a grill. Thanks in advance for your input!