Quote:

Yes, It's still under warranty. I just hate dealing with the Dealer ship. Plus the inconvenience......

I don't have an OBD2. I disconnected the negative side of the battery for a few seconds, then reconnected and started the engine. Went for a ride and everything seems to be okay now????????? I hate when this grap happens. Intermittent problems are the hardest to fix.....

If your truck was NOT under warranty, I could see how you might not want to go to a dealership, but isn't that what the warranty is for? Not sure why you wouldn't take it back, you bought it there, right? Maybe they'd even give you a loaner vehicle.

Best thing about the dealer is that they will have a factory scanner. Even if the code is in history, they can take it for a ride with the scan tool to monitor all sorts of things that you might not be able to see otherwise. Sometimes the generic scan tools don't have as much capability for a particular vehicle.

Probably not the best idea to erase the code with the battery, really doesn't tell you anything except that there was a code and it's not active at the moment.

'71 Duster
'72 Challenger
'17 Ram 1500