I wasn't trying to get into a pissing match with you, I was just trying to point out the 5 speed is only rated for about 19,000 lbs and Chevrolet used to use the very same transmission with the Chev. mods. made to them and they had more trouble with them than most people knew about.

We used upgraded parts in the 5 speed and it was professionally built but one tranny breakdown cost me time lost for work and the repairs so I have no faith in the 5 speeds anymore. My 6 speed weighs twice as much as my 5 speed, the internal parts are engineered better. The newest latest & greatest shafts, gears, bearings, etc. may be better but for the guy looking for a solution for his tranny that broke twice now, he may want to consider the newest parts from the sites you posted but I bet he has burned a bunch of money already on previous repairs and might be hesitant to sink more money in the 5 speed. I'd rather have my 6 speed going up a mountain in Colorado or Pennsylvania with a trailer or without. I LOVE my 6 speed.

"Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son......"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK-Dqj4fHmM