I always remember about a year later when a guy who saw me crash came up to me and said ........man I did not think a low 12 high 11 car could look that messed up ? He also told me I was lucky. They did not require crotch straps back then and thats why I slid down in the seat some and broke my ankle and busted my left knee up where it needed surgery also. And back then you had to have a rollbar at 11.99 and faster so when it first hit 11's I put one in. I used to run Pro ET alot which was 11.0 to 11.99 and many times if I was running 12.0's I would dail 11.99 and run Pro ET. Heck I went three rounds one night with a best et of 12.06. But my wife and mother would kill me if I had ever raced again without a bar in the car as I do believe it saved my life. Funny as I must have went into shock because I dont remember any of it yet they said I was talking asking for my wife when they took me out of the car. Atleast I dont remember no pain until I woke up 12 hrs later! Ron

And as for a rollbar I would definetly put one in any 12 second or faster car as I never in my life thought a suspension part would let go in the traps and I would crash in drag racing.

Last edited by 383man; 02/17/15 12:11 AM.