I'm geting my '70 1/2 340 cuda back on the road after sitting for some 30 years. We plan to do the Power Tour in June, so I'm pressed for time. I ordered a reman alternator to throw on the car for now. It's a Remy reman single pulley 50 amp (guess nobody does the 37 amps anymore?) from Rock Auto and got it today. The single pulley alternator that currently is on the cuda now has 2 field terminals and 2 harness wires attached to them. The Remy reman only has one field terminal available (see attached picture).
So I called the Remy tech line and they inform me that all their '70 Mopar reman alternators only have one field terminal now. And all I have to do is hook either one of the two harness field wires to the one field terminal and tape the other harness field wire off. I find this kinda of hard to believe. In looking at the Chrysler elec diagram, one field wire goes to the firewall bulkhead, and the other field wire goes to the idle solenoid and to the firewall bulkhead.
The Remy tech told me that the only other Mopar alternator that has 2 field terminals is the '72 and up squareback alternators. While my 'cuda is a '70 1/2, I'm pretty sure the roundback alternator was still correct for it. Do I need to return this alternator and find some other reman alternator with 2 field terminals or is this how they roll these days? Any input would be welcomed. Thanks

“You’ll own nothing” — And “you’ll be happy about it.”
K. Schwab