Quote:

permatex #1, the thick brown goo in the toothpaste like tube, P #1 sets up hard. Have the block hole scraped or wire brushed clean of debris/old sealant & a quick wipe with a rag/brake kleen. light/moderate app of P on the hole and generous amt on the plug (extra ends up on the exterior). Use a large dia of socket that will fit into the plug to drive it in. Most prefer brass plugs & have good luck with them. when plug is flush I wipe a smear of P around the perimeter for a complete circle of the goo (as needed). EDIT use a brass drift on the socket (or a 1/2" drive socket/1/2" extension but it can mar the extension), do what works for you & drive it in with as few strokes as possible & keep everything in line for each hit. get the plug started in square with a medium hit then drive it home (flush) with several good solid whacks. #1 #1 you wanna keep it from tilting

Another vote for Permatex #1.

Scott B. "I'm a self-made man... I started with nothing, and I still have most of it!" 68 360 rusty B'cuda 'vert (GO Fish)13.59@ 98.72 mph 69 340 GTS stock 14.18@ 95.60 mph 01 5.9L Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 01 3.5L 300M 16.23@ 86.97 mph