So I have concluded so far, and I can't stress this enough, That Chrysler, was in a bind during or before the tail end of 64' to make up for the band on the aluminum panels by NHRA.
That Chrysler, in its haste to get the new 65'cars approved, tested and within racing weight for NHRA's nod "COULD" have made any number of experiments, revisits and total changes despite what these memos read as law of the day back in the day.

Not to try and validate what I have, but I think many experts and novices alike have created or overheard an old Wives tale over the years and discounted the fact that Chrysler or any other manufacturer could have differed from what their original intro memos read. You have to remember the intensity of the moment back then, where everyone was trying to upstage each other to get that checkered feather in their respective hats.

This is my theory until I find a smoking gun. COULD IT BE, that since in order to make up for the weight regained on the cars with mandated Steel (even thin gauge steel) panels, that the factory decided to change a number of things on the engines themselves. Check it: Aluminum panels of all kinds in 64' with an iron headed and aluminum manifold Hemi up front.
In 65' A thin gauge steel panel car (not much weight saved compared to aluminum panels) and the engine received aluminum heads, pump housing, pump, water neck, alternator brackets, Magnesium intake manifold and the ever so elusive Aluminum door hinges. That in itself brings some questions up. Why aluminum door hinges on a steel panel car? Wasn't aluminum the culprit alloy?
I also think that this new practice came within reach of their goals and enabled them to keep the kill switch on towards the competition. No wonder Ford went to smaller Mustangs to get some kind of foothold.