Bought a cordoba for the factory 400 it had. Was just gonna pull and store the engine, and part the rest. But, I like how comfy it is and was thinking of doing a little work to make it a daily.

So, 1st up was compression test. I could not find info on what the acceptable PSI range in a 77 400 combustion chamber should be.

Dead god, this was the WORST ASININE compression test Ive ever done. the spark plugs a hidden by high rise manifolds, and smashed up against the steering box/shaft. Getting the plugs out was a little frustrating, but nothing compared to blindly trying to screw in the compression tester... holy crap. took 3hrs to get 6 cylinders.

Here's my results. Test was done while engine cold (its been sitting a month on the side of my house.) I ranged from 120psi to 140psi between the cylinders...

Is this deference too much? Will it cause me problems? All I want to do is throw an edelbrock 1406, vacuum advance distributor, pertronix ignition and coil, new wires and plugs, and delete the A/C and emissions. Just make it a daily driver. All this stuff will cost me around 500, and thats cool with me if I get a daily driver out of it, just worried about those chamber pressures, am I worrying too much for the type of usage that I plan on getting out of it?

Just out of curiosity, what is the tuffest most PITA stock spark plug jobs? I had always thought Big Block A-bodies, but after doing this Big Block Cordoba, I've changed my mind.