Hi all,

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, the brake situation will be thoroughly investigated.

The build: It is a pretty standard 400 based 452 with a steel 440 crank. Compression I believe is around 10:1 as it runs on pump 91 as that is what most stations here carry although I have been told the 91 was really 93. As the refinery closed about 3 years ago no idea if that is still the case, especially as the refinery which was functioning as a tank farm is even closing that so fuel is currently coming in on tanker trucks from Puerto Rico on local freighters. Might be time to plant sugar cane on our acreage and switch to ethanol for the RR and the 88 and castor oil based biodiesel for the 109. Heads are Edelbrock Performer RPMS that have been cleaned up with a decent valve job by Dan Costello. Cam is a solid roller, invoice says 257/267 with .600 lift. Not sure if that is at .050 off the seat or not, I expect so. Obviously I will never have the cam card. Rockers are Harland-Sharp 1.6 ratio. Tunnel ram is a Weiand for a low deck, carbs are Holley Ultra HP 600's
Headers are Hooker Comps (5903 HKR), painted with VHT header paint, both the primer and white top coat. Way back when Dan modified the Mopar distributor for advance etc.

Flywheel is a Mcleod aluminium 143 tooth, new as the old flywheel was too far gone. I like the concept of just replacing the steel inserts as needed. The clutch is a Tim Hyatt built Mcleod based soft lock. Bell housing standard Lakewood. Tranny is a 23 spline, I rebuilt it a few years back with parts from Jamie Passon. Rear is a Strange S-60 with a tru-trac and 4.3 gears.

A few wiring issues from sitting have to be sorted but nothing insurmountable.

I never got the final dyno sheets but some ones from before it was finally tuned were in the 550 ft-lbf range for torque and a little under that for HP, which Dan thought was a timing issue.

There actually is a chassis dyno down here so might put it on there to see what it gets but primarily to check installed in car air fuel ratios etc.

I got David Vizard's book How to super tune and modify Holley carburetors which was very informative. When I get a wideband it will be useful if anything seems off.

Oh, right, YouTube, duh. Will post the videos, they are not very
exciting but gives the flavor of the place.

Best, Dave

https://www.facebook.com/THENEWCDRA

Proud member of the liberal scientific elite