OK, I got the new NAPA Ignition switch installed, and it doesn't work!

At the relay 4 electrical posts, with a test light I have battery power on one terminal. I have a ground on one terminal. One terminal goes to the starter and when powered, it will crank the motor. The 4th terminal, which should be power from the ignition switch is always dead.

I believe I have a bad new switch.

The 7 terminal connector and all the wires and terminals look great, no discoloration, no burned spots, no loose connection. Of the 7 wire connector that connects to the switch, on one end is a red wire, which I assume is battery power. On the other end is a yellow wire, which back in the old days, was the starter wire. Checking with a continuity meter, if I connect a meter lead to the red terminal, and turn the switch, I get continuity between the red terminal and other terminals with the key in Acc position, Key in on position, nothing in off position, and the terminals with continuity in the on position also have continuity in the crank position, but the terminal with the yellow wire never has continuity. Its always dead. Bad switch, correct?
I get the exact same results from the old switch, but the new one has at least some spring load, the old switch does not have any spring load.

A replacement switch will be here in the morning, I want to confirm my test procedure is correct, it will be easier to bench test then to install and find out the 2nd new switch is junk as well.

This would be the 3 set of switches in a row, on different vehicles, over a 3 year time that were bad, the first two each had 2 bad new switches, all from the NAPA Echwin switches. Switches from other sources worked in each case. They used to always be good, guess times have caught up with them as well. Gene