Quote:

I have a 2432 bob weight, 6.965 Manley rods and a 4.15 stroke. I shift at 7100 and trapped at 7800 for several passes before switching to a much taller tire, now going through at about 7400. Every application will be different. If I were going to build a long stroke motor like a 4.500, using off the shelf h beams I would keep the revs down to 7,000 or less. Unless you plan on using something better than a 440-1 head, you probably won't need any more rpm anyway. "good quality parts" can cover a wide range, so a talk with piston and rod manufacturers would be a good education and would help you select a motor package that will work well for you and live a good long life. What heads are you planning on running? What is the goal for the motor?

Hi Master Greg!

My rods are R&R billet aluminum Pro Mod rods. They are a killer piece! Monte turned me on to them. Pistons aren't ordered yet. But I am going to get them from CP. My heads are B1 Originals. They are flowing in the 420's. The chambers aren't quite done yet. That's why no piston or cam yet. Also it will be on carburated alcohol. I'm hoping for about 15.5 to 1 compression.

Greg

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Cost is irrelevant, making memories is far more valuable!biggrin