[
Nice to see that someone else realizes that the brightly polished "gold plated" barrels are totally incorrect way of restoring these motors.

Dude...it's clear to me that you don't know anything about electroplating at all.....just another Mopar know it all .....

Never use “correct” with Mopar.
Does anybody have a picture of a day 1 wiper motor, I haven’t seen one. So how do you judge what is correct? Remember these are 40 years old and even on a survivor car they will have changed appearance. Open up an NOS motor and you'll be surprised at the shine on the on the inside. Re-plate an untouched original barrel and see what you get. Let it set on a car for a few years and watch it turn a different shade of color. Plating process have changed over the years, thanks to the EPA.
Some of these motors have pronounced grind marks on them others are smooth and some still have weld and cold roll marks visible. You can’t duplicate these qualities when you start out with a barrel that is not perfect.
All of these vendors do great work so in the end do as Jules said “do you research” and use who you feel provides you with the product that fits your expectations

My post was NOT pointed at anyone only to inform on the differences encountered with these motors

Last edited by ns1aar; 12/29/14 06:32 PM.