Quote:

Yes, 5.7 heads. The cam was .578/.588 231/236 @ .050" 114+4

I'm going to blame the mismatched ports for the 6.1 intake as the reason you had the results you did.
The stock "old style" 5.7 heads flow a respectable amount of air and at a high velocity in comparison to what we are used to with the B/RB, Zeeker or Indy heads. However, with the availability and pricing of 6.1 heads plus the additional flow and direct match for the 6.1 and Drag Pack intake the old 5.7 heads are only worth their weight in aluminum. And with the reasonable cost of the Apache (6.4) heads the 6.1 heads are even becoming less valuable. And now with the availability of the Thitek heads (which I sell) for a few extra dollars you can have the best head currently available.

I don't know if my cable driven throttle body adapter will work with the truck intake. If it does I will test both the truck and car 5.7 intakes. I sold the adapter plates I had sitting here for years so I won't be putting the 6.1 intake on the 5.7 heads. I do have some 6.1 heads that I plan on swapping onto the 5.7. At that point I'll test the 6.1 intake (and maybe a Drag Pack if I can find a loaner or buy one cheap

Still waiting on my JW bell housing