Hello.

So heres the deal. The original pads were made from brown asbestos felt. Armstrong Industrial Insulations made them. You'll see their logo, capitol A in a circle. They went bankrupt and became Armstrong Flooring. That material is no longer available. Well actually it is. But not in this country. So no one is selling an original version.

I make the next best thing. I have a roofing felt company make me the thickest material they can. It's about .060-.070". That original asbestos product is about .080" so its darn close. It doesn't have the waffling and the asphalt is heavier than the original but again its the closest on the market. I'm working with another manufacturer to make my own paper to more closely mimic the original material. A heavily waffled version (called "indented") was used on the firewall insulation too. Thats why I'm investigating a more accurate material. Because we make our own firewall insulation line.

We also sell a nice .093" thick masticated rubber version. It's heavy for better sound deadening and won't absorb water.

I don't make the cheap foam ones. Personally I wouldn't use them but the other vendors sell them like hotcakes.

Hope that info helps.

www.DetroitMuscleTechnologies.com Mopar body and heater box restoration gaskets