Quote:

I watched that episode last night and its hilarious how little disregard they have for the viewer's safety! There is no way in hell he could hold a jar of straight muriatic acid that close without choking and gagging on the fumes. He could have at least mentioned its been watered down!

I made the mistake of buying the 15% solution Muratic Acid from Lowes...

WOW! that choked me out good. Holy $!^& knarly stuff. I bought 3 gallons and attempted to fill a old ice chest with the stuff to dunk exhaust manifold in. BAD IDEA. just pouring it in stirred up enough fumes I gagged out and had to put the lip immediately on it. I though my neighbors would call the cops if they smelled it.

I should have bought the "Safer" 10% solution stuff. I hear it's much less harsh to work with. It may be scented even. But still I would not put it on a emblem. Afraid the acid would get into fine cracks in the chrome and eat the soft die cast part alive over time.

I bet it's a real fast way to clean an emblem. And after it's shipped out the door and the customer has the car, the guy who cleaned it doesn't have to worry about it. He just got the job done as quick and easy as possible.

Last edited by autoxcuda; 12/06/14 05:01 PM.