Troy,

I agree they ain't cheap....but by the time you get 380 cfm out of anything comparable it's I think it's probably going to cost you about that much or more either CNC'ed out of the box or buying heads like -1's or Vics and getting them CNC'ed.

they were always great heads....but the original "only show in town" cost was way too high....now that they are in line on the cost and there's more competition out there I think they could compete head to head pretty well...I'd actually like to see Mike Super-size and even take them out a little bigger....with a 2.30 Intake valve they look to me like they could go over 325cc and 400cfm with meat left to spare the walls are pretty thick and the exhaust port looks like it could be opened up (if there's enough water jacket left to work with).

Plus the Zeus castings are american made and machined and I know if you're doing a roller the flat milled billet pedestals are much stronger and less prone to flex than an aluminum cast in Shaft pedestal....Not a big deal with street type cams but if you're doing a heavy seat/open pressure roller that's a big advantage.

Last edited by Streetwize; 12/23/08 01:02 PM.