Quote:

There has never been a failure when correct installation and all that goes with that is followed.
Lots of KB"S --failed--but then all of those builders failed to follow correct ring gapping instructions, ran the engines with incorrect timing and experienced detonation etc
I have built over one hundred engines with all brands of Hyper pistons--they are great!! The KB's are DIFFERENT and are hard to machine valve pockets in etc and are of a more brittle alloy than any other brand but....forget the "key Jockey" fears--gap top ring exactly as they say--run the piston to wall on the fat side NOT the tight side and FEAR NOT. You show me a failure and I will show you an engine builder that said he knew better than the maker.
I think that in the world of 440 pistons it is just plain stupid to pay the going rate of around $450 for cheap cast pistons hyper or otherwise--You are much better off with a forged piston--the lighter the better--I mean skip the Speed Pro boat anchors unless....you are doing a simple street engine then it really makes little difference. Pistons are the one part that has climbed in price to the level of crazy but there is no way around it if you do a nice unit--you want a plain hyd cam street engine go with whatever--you want a 500 HP plus go with forged like Ross, JE, Diamond etc
Do Not fear the hypers--just follow the directions.

Fastest 300