Quote:

Quote:

What type of rims are we talking about. Are they rust-free, 'cause soda won't touch rust. If they're done with soda then they have to be properly cleaned afterwards for the paint to stick.

I guess what I'm getting at is have you done your research or are you just reading magazine articles and figure soda and paint is the hot ticket.

Whatever the case, I think you could have a dozen rims blasted and painted for $500.00 and expect change !!

The rims are stock on my 68 GTS. Yes, there is a little surface rust on them and I have evapo-rust to take care of it.

My research consist of many sources including you. My mention of soda was mainly based on research and recommendations for something that will not remove metal as I want the original surface and to preserve all markings on the rims. From what I've read I do remember that soda has to be properly cleaned off before painting.

I want paint to keep the rims original looking.

If there is a better media to use please enlighten me. Like I said and I'm learning. Any help is appreciated.

Just have them sand blasted and then paint right over that and don't touch them after sand blasting them before paint.

It will not hurt the stampings in the rims.
I have sand blasted many, many rims over the years with sand and coal slag. Like about 50 or more and even big truck rims. I did 24 mopar rims all at once a few years ago.

Don't mess around with chemicals and soda if you have rust.

Did I mention not to touch them after blasting before paint?

On the price...what kind of paint is being used? With today's paint cost 500 is not that bad. Maybe sand blasting would be cheaper than soda? It would be for me, because I sand blast all the time.