Quote:

Did the craigslist '71 340 Duster recently sell?

Sorry, which one? (if you mean the yellow one of mine in the pic below which was on ebay, yes it's sold to a fellow member, just not shipped yet).

On the green car. Same friend who bought the yellow car above asked me to keep an eye out for a good car for his sons first Muscle Car. I found it a month or two later (about 3-4 years ago), in an obscure CL ad with very little info, took a shot and drove over to St. Maries Idaho to check it out. Turns out it was purchased new about a mile from where I live in Spokane at Dishman Dodge. The guy who had it bought it from the original owners (man & a woman, both named Jerry!). I bought the car on sight and called Stewart about it, told him I'd rather keep it for myself as I thought I was going to look at a clone (perfect car for a kid) but realized it's #'s status and had to rethink things). I decided to keep my word to him and let him buy it, REALLY tough decision let me tell you! At any rate, he bought it and made some improvements since, it's a really nice little car. Kid has now left home and bought a more practical daily driver car so now the Demon is on the block, he asked me to sell it for him so I am.

Details on the car:

It's 1971 340 4 speed, tach, 3.91's, all numbers match. B&W plaid bench seat, manual disc brakes, manual steering, no A/C, non hood scoop car so all green with the black stripes. 3 owner car, all still alive, fender tag, no sheet, never rusty, never hit hard, repainted with some misc. touch ups. Original engine was pulled to preserve it, replacement stock stroke 340 was built to make it a stout driver (dyno'd at 350hp on pump gas, looks stock runs better). Has a restored dash cluster not installed yet, new Legendary seat covers not installed yet. 25K firm. I don't currently own this one, I'm just selling it for my friend. It's NOT a show car, just a 5 footer driver with has no hidden issues, it's a rare and hard to find car with these options so it's pricey but reasonable all things considered.

I realize that this is turning into an ad, please send further correspondence to my email or Pm. I will be posting a formal ad in the appropriate places later.

Now, back to the Yellow car

8324430-DemonDuster.jpg (454 downloads)