Quote:

Just curious... How do the specs on this pump differ from our 45 year old pumps?

Some features and benefits listed for the unit sold on the Detroit Speed and Engineering site:

(Caution other pump and reservoirs may have different PSI settings and possibly flow rates)

Quote:

Power Steering Pump - Aluminum with Integral Reservoir

Detroit Speed's power steering pumps are compatible with any power steering gear or rack and pinion. All pumps are completely new and are not remanufactured. DSE pumps deliver constant flow under given operating pressures. The transverse bearing compact pumps (TC pumps) are less sensitive to radial belt loading than other types of pumps.

Detroit Speed and Engineering power steering pump specifications:

• Flow = 3.0-3.4 gallons per minute at 1500 rpm
• Pressure relief = 1250-1450 psi
• TC pumps offer high efficiency and quite operation
• All DSE pumps are compatible with Vintage Air's Front Runner accessory drive system
• Features a 0.662" shaft diameter
• All pumps, including those with an integral reservoir, fit within the Front Runner confines
• All pumps are available with Mustang II flow control valve. This flow control fitting will restrict the flow to approximately 2 gal/min while retaining the
appropriate pressure in the system

This power steering pump offers the same performance characteristics as our other pumps, and it saves 1.4 pounds over the cast iron version. The aluminum housing has a cast aluminum finish and the integral reservoir makes for a clean, compact package.

Tech Tip: Pulleys must be installed with proper power steering pulley installation tool; KD Tool #2897. Do not use a hydraulic press!

Note: You will need to add a pressure fitting to your GM Type II pump to complete this hose kit. You can choose from 091702 hardline pressure tube, 090401 outlet fitting, or 091801 banjo pressure fitting.

I'm guessing the flow rate and PSI are in this same ballpark for other parts store replacement units.

I do not think this is specially made for Detroit Speed and Engineering. IMHO, it's a new off the shelf replacement unit for some production car. I don't know that for sure, but I have a strong feeling.