Quote:

Quote:

I run a '65 coronet. Ever since I was a kid I've loved the body style. It weighs 2675 without me in it. Granted it has a chrome moly cage, lots of lexan and fiberglass and a mild aluminum hemi, but it still looks pretty much stock. 9.41 @142 isn't anything to sneeze at. aerodynamics...not much. I guess you just like a body style, any body style, and go with it.

Just think.... You could put a real healthy smallblock Indy motor or W5 motor in it and run 9.20's or better.
My old w5 motor runs 140@ 3200+ pounds

Thank you for your thoughtful and encouraging remarks. This car is a fresh build with out of the box heads, pump gas, and exactly 12 1/4 mile runs on it to sort out some basic issues. With a bit more tuning, it should be in the 8.95-9.0 range. Comments like yours would certainly be discouraging to a younger man. I've been doing this since the 60's and cut my teeth driving AA/GS dragsters for an owner while trying to keep my 409 powered 61 Chevy together. I would think that a more appropriate response from you would be " Great! Glad to see another Mopar builder trying to run the number!" I take your sarcasm with a grain of salt. However remarks like yours that could be directed to younger Mopar builders, in addition to, among others, a slavish devotion to stock blocks (with or without stud girdles) in high horsepower applications, have been direct causes in the popularity of this site over the past several years.