Quote:

Quote:

Not sure, mine just went though. I layed into the car and it broke up, tach bouncing all over the place. Tried to ease into it, same thing. Would rev up clean with the clutch in and ran fine if you drove it easy. Started heading home and made it about a mile before it crapped out. When it died it was actually running, barely, with the tach at 0. Tried to refire, tach bouncing everywhere and ran for about 10 seconds, then died.

Thinking back on it, the car has smelled a little gassy at idle for the past 2-3 weeks and when I got on it with a buddy a few weeks back I swear it broke up and missed a little in first.

Just went through the same thing a few weeks ago. Ran fine until under a load. Free revved fine, ran fine in water box...as soon as the motor was under load, it would break up/miss on both sides. The box I had on the car was made in '94 according to the number code on the back. I had another box on my run-in stand that was new in '01. I switched the boxes and coils and the miss went away. I sent the old box and coil back to MSD to be tested together and repaired if needed. I got them back in about 2 weeks. They sent the test papers of both. The coil was OK but the box failed. They put 3-4 electrical components in and re-tested for 2 hours at 4000 RPM...test OK/Pass. Cost with shipping was $61.xx. I had never had a box cause a miss before. Others have told me they had. I had only experienced them just completely failing, as in NO start.

Got my RMA and am planning to ship it to them this afternoon. Did your tach go nuts too?

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street