Quote:

American Auto Wire, Ron Francis, and EZ Wiring all have worthy harnesses.
Avoid Painless

Noted, I'll check out what they have to offer.

Quote:

Mad electric has some good approaches. Some of there kits leave a little to be desired, ex: headlight relays.

If you are building the relay kit yourself or looking to buy, I sell part kits with tyco/bosch relays or complete plug and play set ups. No cheapo relays in my stuff. I also do battery cables, alt charge wires, etc.

If you place a cut off switch in the car, might as well wire it so it function in accordance with rules for NHRA.

You have a bit to consider. You'll need a cut off switch with a high rating if you plan to run all those accessories through it.

Thanks for the heads up on Mad. I like some of their principles, but some of their Chevy centric kits mean I probably won't buy parts from them, maybe only some documents. I do have a four pole cut off switched rated for 180 amps continuous and 1000 amp surge. Thanks for the offer on relays. Yes, there's a lot ahead of me on this. That's why I'm soliciting input a few months ahead of when I'll be jumping into the updates.

Quote:

RE #1 - Aren't you gonna need that 1 large gauge wire to run to the starter motor?

Yes, I still need a large gauge wire to the starter, but with the relay method it isn't live all the time, only during cranking. However, if wired like some of my previous race cars, I'll still have a live wire running the length of the car, it will just be smaller, which means its easier to isolate