I put the cam I was talking about in a crank grinder--easiest way to tell what is really going on--my plan was to reduce journal size as it was fat then discovered it was like zig zag .005 out in middle journal--.004 out on #2 and .003 out the other darn way on #4
I checked block before installing cam bearings
two other cams went in FINE
The gripe is the fact that is COST me $$ to return/reship/ goof around with a product that should be good to start with--I LOOSE when a defect comes in--every time.
I can't tell you how common this issue is--it is every other week. If not with a cam another fine piece of work--lets see leaks in new Milodon pans at the weld--see several a year--now we fill with water let sit overnight in shop BEFORE install--ugh let me see wrong oil rings in MAHLE pistons--been very common this year with every engine shop I know of--OK want more?? Clevite shell thickness ALL over the place--using KING now
FelPro Hemi head gaskets rubbing pushrod HARD so you have to chop new $200 gaskets --
Rear main seals from FelPro that are shriveled like they were embalmed--ok use the ones sold by member here now Call FelPro--No other shop has mentioned it--REALLY?????? You sent old worn out mold to China and they make crap seals you sell now and claim--NO Problems--dozens of fresh engines get torn back apart--costing tons of $$ to shops, buyers, etc ruining dozens of new dual disc clutches etc Oh and Indy heads with pinholes that fill new engines with water on first fire up because they never pressure test anything!! Never have that problem with Dart heads boys!! Or China cast Sidewinders or Edelbrocks
so do not rag me about bitching--I have photos and I have proof and it COST our shop thousands of dollars a year--
They send out some bent up cams--all I ask is check the darn things before you ship OR Blast me a FREE replacement asap along with reimbursement for all the shipping etc but NO--that is not how it works with any of these sellers--all the while customers expect the shops they deal with to "handle and eat" all of this--I mean, I understand but just want folks to understand the whole picture
And ...I am not talking about a speed part like say a Milodon gear drive where you MUST grind the block first--I understand that kind of thing--most every speed part sold is that way --I am speaking about out and out defects