My post here was deleted. I asked the guy that wrote.." never could get it to run right" what exactly he meant. His was a very vague statement.
Not run right....could that mean it idled poorly? It revved slower? Misfire? Hard to start? Cut out at high rpms? What does "not run right" mean to that guy?
We try to be helpful here, right?
This unit has a rev limiter. Maybe the car "didn't run right" because the guy didn't set the limiter high enough and the car cut out at 3000 rpms. Troy from R/T garage includes instructions clearly stating the approved coils to use, the adjustments to the timing curve that may be necessary and the ballast resistor requirements. There is info on how to set the rev limiter. The instructions are so detailed, the only person that would have trouble is someone that simply pulled the ECU from the box and bolted it in place without reading a single word of the instructions.
I had one of these but sold it because I wanted to run vacuum advance for better mpgs. The REV box is supposed to run better without vacuum advance.