Actually the debris did not come off the lobe but more off the base circle and its just a whacked cam. I just took pics if you want them I can email as I don't want to go off topic here.

Im I just getting old or what? Too much noise from a cam/lifters?

Nothing sounds sweeter then a good solid flat tappet setup, as well as some of the hydro setups.

I got to ask,are the noise complainers in there 30-s?

When you pull up to a stoplight and you know its gonna be go time on green, that noise so many complain about is one factor one would quickly process. No noise and a lope meant hydro and more then not a easy run. The rhoads? lifters had a distinct sound and that meant hydro cam owner with dream.

A real flat solid flat tappet you could listen to the exhaust and if it was a stick car id just hope he spun a little and he would be smoked.

A high lift solid roller, one of two things. If its a good setup and he hooks, im done. If it was brought on a trailer its off. If its not dialed in, c ya.

If it sounded like a gm diesel with the loose pistons, another consideration.

I get in our newer suv and start it and I have to ask myself is it running?

If your stuck with a solid lifter cam by choice or class and are that worried, it doesn't cost that much more to have the solid FT lobes ground on a roller core, gee guess who does it? Comps cams.

Ive had great results with most comp products, and not with some. I do not know who does there pushrods or at one point there lifters.

They could not a good set of pushrods to me until the 3rd try. Multiple issues with the first two sets.

The edm lifters had the edm hole vary and one had what looked like a hole but it wasn't all the way through.

Now every order I get direct from comp says re-check all parts! As I will send them back in a heartbeat. They expect to get paid so I expect good quality parts.

I actually had a guy pull in the lot with a pinto on a trailer to run my 440-6 RR. He got laughed at so much he didn't unload it and just left.