I just heard a rumour and need to verify. Please respond. Thanks

Text of an e-mail to Bob Kropp about Larry Green

"Jo Ann and I talked about Larry after you all left on Sunday evening. She convinced me to drive up to his apartment in Kent and check it out. The apartment is empty, actually the door was ajar, I pushed it open and did not go inside. It was late and I did not want to disturb the neighbors or get busted by the cops for burglary. I was going to go back this morning and check it out with the manager, but the landlord arrangement is through a leasing company that you contact by e-mail and as far as I can tell there is no resident manager that I can pump for info unless I express an interest in renting an apartment.

So I went to the Moparts.com web site and pulled his birth date (4/22/54) from the records for "340Shorty" and then I found a phone number for King County Death Records (206-897-4551) on the internet. I was able to get the information without paying their usual fee for a "Certified Death Certificate" for all the details. They have a Death Certificate on file for a Larry Green with that birth date that passed in July. If someone were to do a thorough search of King county newspapers there may be an obituary...I understood that he had sister and maybe other relatives, but I have never met them. That is about all the verifying I can do. I wish I had better news."

He was a huge cranky guy that neglected his health for the things he could build or buy for the Mopar hobby, but if you asked him for it he would give you or sell cheaply any of his treasures and was happy to share the knowledge he had acquired. Every time I stopped in he had to tell me of some new ailment, but somehow he kept going...I always thought he was going to be around.

Last edited by Polarapete; 08/18/14 06:12 PM.