Quote:

I'm contemplating building a "beater" 457 or 471 short-block for my '68 Bee so I can run it hard without fear of hurting the factory original 383. I had read some things about "connecting rod offset" of .060 towards crank cheek that is machined into BBC rods. Is that ideal for running BBC rods in a BB Mopar or would "centered" rods with BBC journals be better, or does it even matter?

Mopar uses a reverse fillet finish on thier crankshaft journals shoulders, GM uses a standard fillet so the BB Chevy end up being around .090 narrower on the rod widths than the standard BB mopar rod widths. The offset your probally thinking of is in the crankshaft rod journals to increase the stroke, you grind the insides(towards the mains)of the Mopar rod journals down and out from 2.375 O.D. to 2.200 towards the outside of the rods journals to increase the stroke If you decide to do this make sure and take the crank to a compentent shop that knows how to do that properly Some other popular reduction in rod journal sizes are down to SB Chevy rod sizes, 2.100 and 2.00 as well as 1.88 Honda rod journal sizes Be careful on any mods like that though

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)