Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

and another angle. these are both passenger side.

Hard to see at that angle however from what i see the cowl is raised slightly above the fender, door and hood line?

Hmm, had to go back out and look. Cowl and hood are even, door and fender are maybe 1/16 inch lower at that junction.
I checked the drivers side and everything is even.

Just depends on how much time you want spend adjusting everything to get it perfect. After spending hours on mine, I called it good enough, and moved on to other things.

I think the tolerances back then were not that great. Like I have perfect door to fender and door to qtr panel gaps on the pass side, about 1/8". But on the drivers side I have gaps that are almost 3/8", and no way to adjust it out. I could move the door back, making a bigger gap at the front, but I cant adjust that out by moving the fender back, cause the fender is almost up against the cowl. It's like the drivers side door is not long enough or something.

I agree. I've never seen a unmolested A body where the hood/cowl and fender/ door were all aligned. I don't see how you could because the body lines would have to match and adjusting the door and fender to match throws those lines off.

It was a conversation we were having at noon while discussing final paint prep on my 68 GTS. I do agree that those cars coming off the assembly line were never perfect. Thanks for checking.