OK, so I have the results of a 6-Blade 2 1/2" pitch fan with a standard duty clutch compared to a 6-Blade solid fan with a 2" pitch. It has eliminated the risk of overheating and cooled the engine down by 14-20 degrees.

At idle, the solid fan reduced water temperature by 11-17 degrees (into and out of the radiator) while the standard clutch fan only reduced water temperature by 5-10 degrees. In this experiment, there were three variables; fan pitch, shroud depth and clutch vs. solid.

My personal opinion is the RIGHT fan (Mopar 7 Blade) with a Heavy Duty (Hayden 2747) or Severe Duty (2797) clutch would bring this car back to stock and eliminate my cooling issue. Those clutches would put my fan deeper in the shroud and lock up better at all heat ranges.

6-Blade Clutch Fan - 1/2 inserted into Shroud (I thought I had a viscous fan but I was wrong)

Outside Temperature 85F
Radiator Center (taken from Front) 154F
Top Hose 200-205F
Bottom Hose 190-200F (+/- 5% margin due to difficult reading)
Driver’s head (front) 220F (+/- 5% margin due to difficult reading)
Passenger head (front) 230F (+/- 5% margin due to difficult reading)
Gauge position 55-60% (Needle no numbers)

6-Blade Solid fan with spacer - nearly completely inside shroud

Outside Temperature 77F
Radiator Center (taken from Front) 142F
Top Hose 182-189F
Bottom Hose 165-178F (+/- 5% margin due to difficult reading)
Driver’s head (front) 210F (+/- 5% margin due to difficult reading)
Passenger head (front) 206F (+/- 5% margin due to difficult reading)
Gauge position 50% (Needle no numbers)

In this second experiment I let the engine run much longer than with the clutch fan. The temperature of the block and hoses equalized and did not continue to increase as with the clutch fan.

The funny thing is now that I have done this the power steering feels different which makes no sense. Sometimes my imagination plays tricks with me.