These aren't torque-to-yield bolts. Reuse'em. Period.
Replacing them is just stupid. Don't be that guy.

It is SO EASY for someone else to tell you to spend money unnecessarily, after all they don't feel your pain.

ANY USA-made Grade 8 bolt can stand hundreds, if not thousands of torquings to less than yield stress without losing its strength or stretching. That's why we use steel for bolts.

Do you feel that I'm yelling? I am. The amount of superstition and needless replacement of parts on this board is enough to drive me nuts.

My mercedes engine has torque-to-yield rod bolts. So what does the factory service manual say about replacement? It says reuse them until the necked down area is less than a specified dimension. These bolts are torqued past their yield point (they permanently stretch) during assembly, and it would be easy for M-B to say replace them, but they know that's not necessary. I measured them, they were well above the spec, reused them and took the engine to redline the first time out. 6500 rpm with a reused torque-to-yield rod bolt? No sweat. That's what mechanical engineers are for.

R.