Quote:

Quote:

Heck back in 1989 I was trained on the Dodge Monaco which was not like the old Monaco's as this used a foreign V-6 and it sprayed all injectots all the time everytime an injector fired they all fired. Mopar also did this before they went to ported and sequential injection. The 3.0 v-6 would fire half the injesctors all the time. Which 3 depended on which cyl was fireing. And before that they used throttle body injection as most were 2 barrels and would spray both injectors on every dist signal. Course didn't need a cam sensor on that setup. They finally went to sequential in the early to mid 90's. Mopar also used the 02 just for the fine tuning as the addaptive memory had a larger control over fuel mixture and then once in the right addaptive cell the 02 would fine tune it. Ron

I use to flow the throttle body injector(note singular)
back in the beginning of Chrysler injection.. I
built the first flow stand at Chrysler years ago
for testing injectors... I've flowed a FEW injectors
over the years

Dont know why but I had the 318 on my mind as many of the ones I worked on were the 4 cylinders with 1 injector and the low pressure (14 lb) fuel inj system. Course the turbo cars had 4 injectors. I actually have a real good book on the four cylinder Mopar eng from the late 80's and early 90's that is a very good book and got deeper into details then any Mopar training books before it. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 07/23/14 01:38 AM.