Quote:

hauled my junk to carlisle
over the weekend
the brake quit halfway .
I pulled over , restarted the truck it worked once and quit again . No biggy just couldnt jake.
( i know its not a jake )
Still had gobs of power and 95 mph and 60' long is no problem . My truck loves and eats hills with a load ..

All fuses good , truck wont warm up with the brake anymore .
I gotta couple trips planned this summer , I dont want to pull the turbo and clean it yet .
Any risks here ? any other experiences ?

No codes on my hs tuner - truck has no egr , Very minimal exhaust , and no dpf .

More than likely the air cylinder is sticking, they do need maintenance/lube put in the air cylinder as normal maintenance. You disconnect the air line from the solenoid and squirt some oil into the air line and then reconnect. Also you need the lube the shaft .PIA and not many people do it but it needs to be done. I use them on my trucks and have read the directions. I have replaced several of mine after they wear out and start sticking.

I would advise to stop using it until you can examine it after taking it off. Because it can stick closed and shut you down.

Good luck

You can replace just the air cylinder, but I have found it's best to replace the whole thing.