Quote:

WD40 and a set of these brushes and elbow grease. All these carbs are aluminum but some Eddy's had a "Ball Burnished" finish that when new shined like chrome. Simply polished aluminum. These brushes can be found at home depot paint dept. They can reach the tight spots but for 4 carbs get at least 6 sets of brushes. They wear out quick. $4 a set I believe. A Hoppes pistol cleaning rod w/ .45 cal, .38 cal and .223 brushes also come in handy for the passages, and Hoppes powder solvent will break out any gum/bs and smell good too!

Once had my newly ceramic coated TTI headers almost destroyed by a substantial rear main seal leak and had almost 200 miles that I had to drive before able to resolve leak.

Coated with oil on collectors that baked on like the worst oven you had ever seen. Used these steel and brass brushes using Flitz and Mothers aluminum polishes.

Headers came out perfect with no apparent damage,,,,did take a few hours of scrubbing however. I have before and after photos if anyone cares to see.