He is also a very astute collector , or good friends with one.
There is a local guy who used to be an engineer for Offenheuser back in the day and he had a Mr. Norm's Hemi Charger.
I met him at a local cruise deal and he showed me the headers with the Chrysler part number and I picked up on the electric fuel pump right away. Very nice car.
Fast forward a couple years and I am at his place delivering a few Chev motors ( he is now an AMC guy , with literally one of everything and all practically museum quality. )
His pole building sits over a quarter mile from his house and he paid for the paved driveway with part of the proceeds from selling the Charger.
The story I got was that Doug showed up at his house unannounced with another gentleman and asked about the car.
The guy was surprised because he never listed it and lives a pretty quiet , below the radar kind of life.
Ken told them it wasn't for sale.
They upped the ante by a nice chunk and he told them " I never considered selling it " and they upped the bid again.
It finally got to the point where he couldn't say no and they bought themselves a low mile original Mr. Norm's Hemi Charger and took it back to Winnipeg with them.