Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

They do.

They just don't have 8 3/4s.

OK. What rearends do the later A's have? 43" spring centers? How wide? School me.

IIRC the later 72-74 A-body 8 3/4 has the larger brakes with the 4" on 5 wbp

a later 73-75 Duster/Dart A-body can have the 7 1/4 or 8 1/4 with the large brakes and 4.5" on 5 wbp all 43" perch centes. any 73-75 A-body 2 or 4 door cars.

the early B-body is close and can fit A-body with perches on 44" centers = spred the springs 1/2" each side but width is a tad wider for A-body.

but could be worked out in a truck ez-pz with back set on rims.

FYI.you could use a stock width truck axle with a 10" rim with 7.5 backset to tuck a 29x15x15 M/T in the fenders with some tubb work..looks like stock rim but has lots of tire in the fenders.

this is why i look for the 94 jeep 8 1/4 axles and looking for 1 with disc brakes next project i do.

I take it you want to tubb it for fattys with the A-body 8 3/4 correct? that will use a 12 wide 4.5 backset rim

Honestly, I'm not sure what I want after reading some of this stuff. I'd like to run 8'-10" rear wheels. I have a mid to late 60s 8 3/4 and can relocate the spring perches easily enough.
My truck is a stepside and I have a few off the wall ideas I'm chasing around right now concerning the bed. I don't want to open a can of worms.