Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This is what happened to my old 66 Dart when a balljoint came apart in the traps at 112 mph. It only ran 11.90's but that 6 point bar I welded in did its job. My 63 is close to your build but I have a 4.15 crank for 493 cubes. Its a solid cam at .585 and .592 lift and I use 1.6 rockers for more lift. EZ heads I akso bought from Dwayne Porter and 10.6 comp. Indy dual plane with a 850 DP. Dynamic 9.5 converter and its in the 10's at 3700 lbs so I would think your Dart will be lighter and should run below 11.50 without much trouble. Myself I put a bar in my 63 when it was only running 11.50's but as you see I have good reason to put a bar in all my cars now. I only use a 6 point bar since it is a street car as thats not as much bar to worrry about hitting your head on driving on the street. Ron

It doesnt look like the bar did anything on that crash..
doesnt look like you went upside down.... but to the
OP... make a pass or two and see where your at.. it
should be quicker than 11.50 but check it... but more
than likely you will be putting in a bar.. 5 point
minimum and most put in a 6 point

They tell me the car flipped about 6 times and they said it sorta flipped end over end. I really dont know because to this day I dont remember the crash at all. I just remember waiting in the staging lanes to make a pass and waking up 12 hrs later in the hospital. I guess I went into shock. Ron

WOW.. the roof line doesnt look bad at all... glad
to see you werent hurt bad... endohhhs do get pretty
violent