Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If the axles, brakes and housing are stock, you can leave the thrust block/thrust buttons intact when running SNAP-RING style Green bearings.

If you are running first generation Green bearings with the crimped on 5-hole retainer, you must remove the thrust block.

I have stock everything.
I will have to check when I get home, but I changed to the Green bearings back in the early 90's. Would that be the crimped version?
I must not have paid attention when I installed the shafts back then because I didn't remove anything. Did I damage the unit?
How do I remove the thrust block? Can it be done with out pulling the 3rd member back out?

Early 90's , my guess is they are the crimp collar, what sure grip is it , clutch or cone ? If it's a cone then you have to completely disassemble the chuck to get it out without going medieval on it .

And if the detroit had the same inner dimension and they are a crimp style those bearings are probably junk ... not that they aren't junk to begin with ...

Ok...will not know for sure till I get off work.
But...if memory serves me...it is a cone style. Things are not looking good. Not a fan of pulling the 3rd member out since I sealed it up. Would the easiest solution be to pull of the Crimp style Green bearings and replace with the original style tampered bearings? Over the years what has been the issue with the Green bearings? Never really paid attention to the dialogue.