Quote:

Quote:

There is a lot more to that head drawing than that one view. A friend, Stewart, scanned that drawing and sent me a copy in sections. I think the original drawing is about 8'-10' long, probably 44" high. The auto industry doesn't seem to believe in multiple sheets. I worked a contract gig with Atco Products last year and we did some replacement parts for Ford and the drawing format was 44" x 72". All sorts of views all on one sheet.

Agreed. I don't think you're going to get a complete set of drawings for a block or head from anyone. I used to work on turbine blade designs for Pratt & Whitney and there are many drawings for a cast part. The easiest method would be to 3D scan a block and/or head and create the model from that. You still wouldn't have the internal passages for the cooling fluid but at least you could have a nice model of all exterior features. I was visiting a company a few years ago when I was looking at buying a 3D printer for the company I work for and they demonstrated how they could scan a part (Holly dominator main body in this case) and create a solid model from it. Pretty neat technology.

Yes it is. I'm a machinist/CNC Programmer. I use SolidWorks and CAMWorks. I make a lot of my own stuff. I always wanted a 3D model of a BBM so I could mock up more of my ideas.

Greg

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Cost is irrelevant, making memories is far more valuable!biggrin