Thanks guys, excellent feedback and information, much appreciated. I do remember the pistons having 4 valve reliefs in them and only time it pinged is when I had crappy gas in it with the iron heads which were late 90's Muscle motors street killer heads. I had no problem when using Sunoco 94 (that was when it was running last though) I was already running Hughes 1.6 roller rockers so they will be going right back in. Hopefully the plug angles will be ok with my CPPA/TTI 2" headers.

I really want these heads, Im not worried about the look of them, I went a different direction with this car then before it was restored, it used to have manual everything, glass hood, no swaybar, etc, now its going back together with AC, power brakes/steering so the reduced weight of the heads should help me a bit. The car was low 12's at the track with 4:10s and an Auto, I now have a 4 speed and 3:54 rear and will be keeping the same cam, six pack carbs and not touching the shortblock so Im hoping the performance will still be at least in the 12's despite me adding hundreds of pounds with the steel hood, power steering, etc.