Quote:

Based on these paint chips for 73-74 Dodges, and the picture of this Charger - does anyone think it is a 73-74 factory color? If so, which color??

Trying to determine a color based on a pic, on various PC monitors, color blind viewers, faded paint charts, again on PC monitors of varying performance, color blind viewers, etc, etc, not knowing whether the car in question is original paint, custom paint, repainted in original, but with a shade variation of various available paint ALT codes, a different primer base, etc, etc, etc.....the answers are endless, so peel back the blinders, remove the feed bucket, think outside the bun, that the color may not be "factory"....paint a car the color you desire, factory or not, seen this too many times, an individual pics a color based on a magazine pic, or internet pic, only to be disappointed when the car is done, or the paint purchased, when I see a car in a color I like, I ask the owner or painter what paint, primer, techniques were used to achieve the color, if they can't answer all the necessary facts needed, then on to the next specimen for answers

8152711-puke.JPG (120 downloads)