Quote:

Quote:

My usage/ intent would be to stage a column shift automatic with the selector In drive, and have it make the two shifts " hands off" the column shifter at predetermined rpm's.

It can be done by installing a governor kit for your target rpm, problem is it probably won't shift at the same rpm on both the 1-2 and 2-3 upshift...some tweaking of the shift valve springs will take care of that.

Be aware that launching in Drive puts all of the load on the sprag so, if you're making some power, it'd be wise to install a Super-Sprag and billet front drum.

I agree. I ran my Challenger for years that way in Drive. The last trans I ran was a newer case ('74-75?) It didn't shift the same RPM's like John described. It would shift 1-2 about 200 RPM less than 2-3. My old trans was a '70 and it was the same RPM for both gears. Got a governor kit from A&A and would fine tune the shift RPM at the carb linkage by adjusting length.

1965 Fury II 1970 Challenger 440, 509 cam, 11:1 w/ 452 iron heads, 6.99 1/8, 11.29@ 120mph 1/4 (1999 Magnolia Drag strip track champion) 1992 Jeep XJ Crawler