Quote:

Kim has been a great help, but doesn't have the motor I need. Does anyone sell the motors outright?

What? I told you I don't "stock" motors, I build as they're requested. You were talking the 982, then 962, then 3004114, which didn't I have?

You said you have crank arm 2770116, but said it worked on the car with the 982 you have on it. I've put the V SPEED crank arm next to the one you have and there are MAJOR differences in the angle of the opening for the output shaft, which can lead to binding, overheating the motor, or worse. Never answered my email about variable or two speed switch so I never set up anything for build because I thought it more important to build for what you're equipped for.

At this point I still don't know if you have a variable speed switch or two speed so I know what you have "the most of" so we can go in that direction or get you set up with the correct components for what you're trying to attain, i.e., variable speed set up (motor, crank and switch) or two speed set up (motor crank and switch). Tomorrow I'll root through our parts manuals and find out what that crank arm is manufactured for, for my own peace of mind.

It does little good to build a variable speed/3 speed motor if the car has a two speed switch and/or two speed crank/incorrect crank arm, it won't operate correctly and leads to frustration on your part and a "do over" on my part (or Bruce's). Doesn't matter who restores/builds the motor for you, if the components are mismatched/incorrect for the wiper motor, the result is the same: Improper function/operation and high frustration levels for you and the builder/restorer.

autoxcuda with a November 1968 SPD I would expect to see a 2983033. Did you mean a November 67 SPD?