Quote:

Quote:

Dave, there's only one way to fix that problem. I had the same thing happen. You have to put in 8 pins. Three on each side of the hood, and that will take care of it.

Thanks Outlaw,

I am no where near as quick as you guys. I run a low deck wedge with a Jerico. Still launching fairly easy, but the thing is making great power so we are slowing it down until we get it tuned the way we want. We built it to run FX Classes. The MPH has me worried with the scoop the way it is because it is already trying to pull of the car on the big end and we don't have it turned up yet. It will only get worse.

Right now we have brackets glassed in and we are using the factory style hinges with no springs. Up front one dutz in the center with two pins in stock location.

I may end up drilling the holes in the back of it, and probably adding more pins. With the hinges pins wont work because of the angle it opens at, but it is worth looking into. I am not sure how it would work with airflow across the carbs if we drill the holes. I use a heavily modified STR intake with dual eddy 800's inline configuration.

Thumper do you have any pics of yours you willing to share? What are you running for cabs, and did the holes make that much difference in your O2 readings?

-Dave

There`s an old post about "Thumperdarts scoop and ? photos" from several months ago but what I did was evenly space 5 tear drop holes across the back to release pressure and my scoop is trying to rip off the car above 135+ mph and the w/b is rock solid now w/other changes to the carb also.

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....