Quote:

I just got 4 Goodyear Speedways from Kelsey and it took 5 oz to balance two of them with the weights mostly on the outside lip. Looks pretty bad with dog-dish hubcaps. Called them about a warranty and was told that they would write it up and email it to me. They said 5 oz's isn't bad for their tires. So much for business ethics. I thought quality control would have been better on tires, but apparently they are just as bad as other repop parts for our cars. I should have told them we were going to actually use them. The price? Less than a thousand for four. Average price per good tire is just under $500.

I had the same issue with their repro Goodyear Polyglas RWL GT's F-60-15's, no amount of tire balancing techniques or re-indexing the carcass on the rim would solve tire vibration issues (they were pretty horrible for driving)...the only thing that finally solved the problem of too many weights which either interfered with trim ring install, or on my rear rims the weights installed on the backside were being wiped off by my rear disc calipers, was.... www.dynabeads.com