I have a 94 Dakota and the fuel gauge doesn't work properly, it has been this way as long as I have owned the truck. (March 2010)You start it up and the gauge doesn't move at all or it goes all the way to full and is accurate to a half tank and then just quits working. The other day I was at the Pick N Pull and grabbed the fuel gauge out of another 94 V8/Auto truck along with the printed circuit board. Got home swapped out the board and the gauge, noticed the original board looked like it had quite a bit of oxidation and the soldering wasn't as good as the junkyard board and there was rust in spots. I did plug the connectors in with the key in the on position. Gauge went to 3/4's full and just stopped, this seemed reasonable until I turned the key off and the fuel gauge and the oil gauge stayed put. The battery gauge dropped, the temp gauge stayed but I believe that is normal until the engine cools down. After this I swapped the old gauge back in but left the junkyard board in place. Plugged the cluster back in key off this time same result. One last thing I removed all the lights and didn't have replacements (doing that today) could not having the lights installed not make the circuit complete or are the a separate circuit? (I didn't look at the board that close.) How do I fix both the new problem and then the old problem?

Will the last one leaving the US please turn out the lights.