Any kind of 1/2" id hose can be used. It don't matter, some wear out faster than others. You can use heater hose, garden hose, no just kidding on the garden hose. Well you could use it, it just won't last long. Hydraulic hose is good and tuff.

The dead man's valve sucks, your hand will get tired of holding that stupid lever open, take it(lever) off and toss it in the garbage.

I have used at least 4 different hoses over the years. They do make special hose for blasting, it is way better than the hose that came with that cheap blaster you have.

Locate a supplier in your area that does deBurring. They carry all the supplies needed for blasting and don't rely on HF because they are a poor choice for that kind of thing, even there blasters are very poor quality, sorry.

This is where I get my hard parts for blasting here in Cincinnati, find one like it near you.

web page

This green hose is the real stuff, but it don't last forever either. I got it from A&B a couple years ago and have done several big jobs with it and many smaller jobs and it is still holding up. I can feel it getting softer so it don't have much more time left.

Small job.

Big job.

There's the end that I use, no lever to hold open and no it's not OSHA approved!