The shafts and rockers are installed correctly. I have triple checked at this point. Oil pressure is good and flows to all the rockers. I think the milky color to the oil is condensation. We've had an abnormally cold winter. My garage is unheated until I go in to work in it. Then I crank up two torpedo heaters.

Here's what I did last night:

1. Checked preload. I checked two pushrods with the rocker all the way down then took the rockers off and measured the distance the rod came up. It's difficult to scribe 100% accurately. One was .07 and the other .062. The variance could be human error. I will try it again tonigh to make sure. I really don't think I was on the money with the measurements. One thing I did notice. When I took the rockers off not all the pushrods were sitting at the same height. 2 were a little lower. They weren't bent and all are same length. I figure that's because of the cam love they are sitting on. Correct?

2. I put some 10w-30 in to see if it would make a difference. It might have helped a very small amount but I still have valve train noise. I shut it down after 3 or 4 minutes. If my numbers are right it looks like I need shorter pushrods. Unless I'm missing something.

Thanks for all the advice. Keep it coming if I'm headed the wrong direction.

That's King Weenie to you!