Quote:

Quote:

Bob Mckray, Gene Adams and a few others have gotten 370 on the intake out of the 555 heads. If I could do my 392 again it would be a stroked 354, Stiffer block,smaller package. Big Al's toybox has a run of Moroso pans in stock. Stud everything and plan on buying adapters for everything. My timid hydraulic 392 pushes my 4300 58 Ply wgn to mid 13's through manifolds and a 518. Good luck Joel and great X BTW.

How much stroke will a fit in a 354? I'm not married to the 392 block, but since I already have the 4.525 bilet crank, I want to use it.

Man, that is a long stroke for one of those motors Is it a blown fuel application with the center counter weigts or no center counter weights? What size main and rod journals is it I had a Reath Auotomotive welded 4.375 chrome stroker crank at one time, never got around to using it As far as the original question on which material main caps I would use aluminum on the street and steel for a race only, if I was going to use a stock type block that is I've dreamed of trying to use a Dononvan 417 aluminum block on the street, they (Donovan) said don't do it

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 03/15/14 01:41 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)