Perhaps this curse cannot be corrected without more skill or a complete set of new everything! The only thing I have not tried yet is to take all the hinges off and see if the hood is warped. I probably should have started with that.

I loosened all the bolts, seated the hood where I liked it and then tightened what I could from the inside and then tightened the rest with the hood slightly raised. The problem persisted.

I then looked at Resto Rick's brilliant page but it did not solve my problem either. His page talks about the elevation of the hinges on the fender and the rotation of the hinges across it's three bolts. I tried lowering the hinge all the way on the fender, raising it all the way and then I tried to rotate the hinge forward and backward. So far ALL the way tilted backward is the best with the hinge highest on the front fender bolt and then lower the back of the hinge as low on the fender as possible. This combination may have improved my stance by 1/4" but that is all I can get.

For now I am going to sleep on it since I have a better understanding of how the parts interact upon each other. I am not sure I am going to be able to adjust it out. Maybe the hood is warped or perhaps the springs are worn or maybe I need to find out where Resto Rick lives and see if he charges by the hour!

Any else got any voodoo?